Sunday, August 8, 2010

Where am I going?

In preparing for my cross-country drive to the Greater Philadelphia Writer's Conference, I invested in a Garmin GPS, lovingly named Charmin Garmin by my granddaughter Kayleigh. As a result, when I visited the AAA office for a tour book, I told the lady I didn't need any maps. HA!

At the beginning of my 11-hour drive from Buhler, Kansas, to Chicago on Friday, Charmin decided she had taken me far enough and she quit. Totally! Just quit! I was on an interstate just outside Kansas City and had no idea how to get from there to my friend Ken's in Chicago!

Bottom line - I called Ken who bridged on the AAA office in Kansas City for directions to their office so I could get maps. The directions were wrong! She told me the wrong exit and to go left, not right. Another hour wasted.

As the frustration built, I was determined not to cry but to just keep driving. God and I had a long talk, and I asked if this was a sign that I shouldn't be going. The announcer on radio station 88.7 FM, the FLR (Family Life Radio) that I had on IMMEDIATELY said, "Cheer up! You're right where God wants you. Just give it up and let Him lead the way."

Wow! I had asked for an answer to prayer, but I never expected to hear a literal voice with that answer! Needless to say, I cried. But this time they were tears of relief, not tears of fear or frustration.

I made it to Chicago in 13 hours instead of the 11 I was expecting, but I made it nonetheless. And I know that I'm right where God wants me to be. That's the best place for anyone--to be right where God wants you.

Thank you, Lord!
Love to all-
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you arrived safe and sound at your first destination. I am sure you will look back on the 'Charmin Garmin' someday and have a really good laugh! I love the message you got when you needed it most! Cheering you on from Denver! Your friend, Julie

    ReplyDelete