Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Made it to Pennsylvania

Good morning! Well, I made it to Pennsylvania! Each of the first 3 travel days included some "bump in the road" that created frustration, worries, and extended drive time each day! Not good.

So yesterday, when I was on my 5 1/2-hour drive from Cleveland to Harrisburg, I kept waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop, wondering what would happen. I'd already had (minor) car problems, an air conditioner that didn't work, a dead GPS and an hours-long traffic jam involving a detour. What else could happen?

Nothing!

It was a smooth, uneventful drive yesterday. I arrived at Hope Flinchbaugh's house right on schedule with all mechanical and electrical devices working. Thank you, Lord! Hope could see how tired I was, so she prayed that I'd get a good night's sleep, which I did. Oh my, how good you can feel after sufficient rest!

I have a 2-hour drive today, followed by setup at the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers' Conference. I'm taking and setting up displays for Hope and for Becky Spencer, since they'll be arriving later. And I get to make an airport run, so I'll be tired again tonight. But it's a good tired, and I'm looking forward to it.

Please pray for the conference, that everyone will make it there safely and that we'll create new relationships, cement older ones, and meet the right people for our books. I'm SOOOO looking forward to it. Last year I was a newbie. This year, I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment