Saturday, May 1, 2010

Debbie's brother and book, May 1

Good morning, friends, women, and countrymen. Lend me your ears – oh, no that’s something else. Well, you can see that I’m doing quite well. As my father-in-law would say, I’m in pretty good shape for the shape I’m in.

Update on my brother Ken Horn – he woke up from his seizure-induced sleep. He’s not talking much and when he does, he mumbles. But he is alert and eating now. Praise the Lord! We weren’t even sure he would wake up. Our God is full of surprises! :-)

And here’s another praise – My step-by-step cancer book has moved to the next phase! My friend Hope Flinchbaugh completed my Manuscript Review, and I now need to make some changes and decide on a title. Then, HigherLife and I will be negotiating a contract to get the book published, create an e-book from it, and develop a website for cancer caregivers to use as a reference and source of encouragement.

It looks like God is orchestrating my new career. I’m so excited about being able to help those in the same situation I found myself in just a short time ago. Guess that’s why He helps us through tough times – so we can be a blessing to others.

Something interesting I came across in Isaiah 43:2: “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”

Notice that it says “when” and not “if” these things happen. God knows all the rotten stuff we’re going to face, and assures us that He’ll be with us through it all. It’s been my experience that He prepares us ahead of time, whether we realize or not. We’re never alone.

Thanks for your support during the past couple of years. God loves you and so do I.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment